Thursday, August 09, 2007


"Hollywood Here I Come!"

That's the goal, at least! I haven't shared that with all of you yet, but my goal for my jewelry is to see a celebrity wearing it in a magazine or on TV. I'm working on it! Tedious task, it is.
On a smaller scale, I am now selling my jewelry through some local shops. I will be adding more as time goes by and as I meet with more store owners, but for now my designs are currently in My Girlfriend's Closet Boutique in Libertyville, IL, 4 CCCC's jewelry store in Spring Grove, IL and Woodland Grove Gallery in Long Grove, IL. I am working on a Barrington account and some out of state accounts. I will soon be pursuing some other nearby towns and will keep everyone posted on my blog and website.

More news, I recently found a woman who does all of her own handcrafted pewter pendants. She designs her own molds and diamond cuts all of her pieces. Her work is beautiful and I am very happy with these new fun designs using her pendants. This photo shows one of her southwestern flavor pendants with turquoise, fancy jasper, rutilated quartz, Swarovski crystals and sterling silver. I have a couple girlier pieces too... a large oval-framed unicorn pendant with pink opal, peachy-pink button pearls and sparkly peachy-pink Swarovski crystals. Also a really neat sanddollar pendant with sea opal, pearls and crystals, in blue, gold and ivory tones. I'll post photos of those in the near future.
I have one more art show at the end of this month. I'll get that information posted soon too. It's a fun show in Arlington Heights in a beautiful park.
I am also starting to make my own silver pieces. Right now I am mastering the art of molding and cutting & drawing designs on the molds. I cast several new pieces tonight and some of them are super-fun!! I expect to have these available in the fall or winter. My jewelry designs will feature them and I will also have pendants and charms available for purchase alone or with sterling silver chain or suede/leather cord.
I think that about covers it for now! I hope you're all enjoying your summer!

No comments: